Monday, August 15, 2011

Sidewalk Cellist - Clara Shandler

In an effort to understand how music and life work together, I ventured out and seeked out this "Sidewalk Cellist" on the busy street of Commercial Drive. It was not a glamourous show, it did not attract hundreds or thousand of fans, but it was a close, friendly, personal, and genuine performance - very Vancouver. The thing that attract me to seek her out is the interesting fact that there was almost no advertisement - the only advertisement was the chalk writing on the sidewalk (how fitting!).



Sorry these photos looks like I was spying on her (well, I guess I was kinda, I wasn't sure if I could take pictures/video). So for the videos you will need to turn the volume way up.




It was really nice to sit in the shade, enjoy her music, and just read a book on my iPhone. Hearing the wind blowing, leaves shaking, having acorns falling on my head(?!). Even though the streets of Vancouver is still busy like usual - garbage truck backing up, fire trucks wizzing by - but it is nice to have a corner where you can really just chill.

For more information on Clara, just google "Sidewalk Cellist". She will be performing free cello concerts every Saturday to the end of August in the Napier Greenway (Napier St. and Commercial Dr., Vancouver by the Britannia Community Centre) from 2:00pm to 4:00pm.

Hope you enjoy her music as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment