Friday, January 15, 2010

Kitchen Experiment 02

Ah~ On a lazy Thursday night. Don't want to go into the trouble of cooking many dishes again, so a bowl of noodles is just the solution.

I have braised pork from prior night. So all I need to cook up are some veggies and the soup base. For soup base tonight I just used purple seaweed and dry shitake mushroom plus some daishi (bonito fish concentrate). Then for veggies I have mustar greens, yu tsoi, green onion, soy bean sprout, enoki mushroom, and frozen corn. Plus some Korean snack seaweed, shichimi (Japanese chilli and spices powder), and kimchi, then my bowl of simple noodles is finished.

Overall not bad, edible. But the soup is too light to go with the fatty pork. Maybe I should've gone more Japanese and made a rich Miso base. But the end product looks good, doesn't it!

No comments:

Post a Comment