Thursday, January 28, 2010

Maurya Indian Cuisine

I have been facinated about Maurya ever since I saw the episode of Food Network's "Opening Soon". The show showed the restaurant owner's passion and determination on establishing an authantic place for vancouverites. Now finally, after more than 3 years, I go to Maurya for the first time.


I personally is a sucker for raised ceilings, so I already fell in love with the place. Other than that, the decro are very warn and welcoming. Another great thing about the place is the first moment you walk in, the fragrance of herbs and spices immediately tickles you stomach and taste buds - you know you are ready for food.


For $12.99 lunch buffet, I think it was great value. Choices of meats are limited - chicken tandori, butter chicken, and lamb currie. But other vegetarian curries are flavourful and they hit the spot. Even though personally I prefer more heat in my food, the seasoning in Maurya is just enough so it is acceptable to everyone.


At the end of the meal there are desserts waiting for you too. The rich mango mousse is not overly sweet, but I know I should not have too much of it... cuz, you know, to watch my figure :D



No comments:

Post a Comment