Sunday, February 6, 2011

Lonsdale Quay Market

I think I have said before, but somehow North Van feels like a different country to me. But today I will share to you the three vendors in Lonsdale Quay I like - food related of course. And of course I don't remember their names...




The oyster place next to the entrance closer to seabus. Oysters freshly shucked with lemon and Tabasco. You pick each oyster you want and they sell by the pound. So much more worth it than going to a restaurant. Another of my favourite at this place is deep fried (large) oysters - oyster and deepfrying, can't go wrong with that. The shop also have clam chowder, salmon on a bun... all looks good and you just have to try it. Maybe except the non-alcoholic beer... what is the point?

The soup place at the other end of the market. They have good roasted sweet yam soup... and if you are lucky you can find some in their freezer section and take some home.

And BeaverTails in the foodcourt section~ oh how I love the BeaverTails~ Crispy, crunchy, and many flavours to choose from - cheese, garlic butter, or if you have a sweet tooth then apple cinnamon, chocolate and banana, or just cinnamon sugar. Oh my, who knows tails taste this good!

No comments:

Post a Comment