Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Birthday Cake - Tiramisu from Bon Bon Bakery

Even though my birthday is only coming up, I already picked out, bought, and had my cake, and it is the tiramisu from Bon Bon Bakery. I have bought their Bon Bon cake (St. Honore cake) for my brother's b-day one year, and a good friend also picked the Bon Bon cake for her b-day, so I know what quality to expect from there. You won't get the smoothest cake or the richest cream, but they have good quality, solid built, and unique cakes that is very good value for the dollar.

I never tried their tiramisu before but because my brother is such a sucker for it, and he was always eyeing the $49 tiramisu from the place below Sutton Place Vancouver (according to him it is the best cake ever), I decided to see if I can find something of better kudos per dollar. And it turns out I made a great choice. Decent presentation, great tastes, and happy amount of alcohol are exactly what I look for -  and all for $16.

It is unfortunate that the place got some bad rep on internet reviews - likely it is because the lady there is still working on her English. But I can see myself picking up a cake when I just happens to be in the neighbourhood.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment