Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Taiwanese Cold Noodle

When I am upset, I cut something..... Don't worry, no animal was harmed during making this blog. But poor carrots and cucumber are not so lucky.

So to make the Taiwanese Cold Noodles is easy. The sauce is pretty much made of lots of garlic, peanut butter (traditionally made with sesame paste), salt, pepper, sugar, and white vinegar. Throw everything into a food processor and let it rip. For Taiwanese Cold Noodle there is no such thing as too much sauce, you really want to noodle to swim in the sauce, so be sure to make a lot of it.

Served. Sorry the photo is turned to the side. But you can still see my whole dinner.

Sauced.

For those who live in the Vancouver area and thinking I am crazy to have a cold dinner when there are still snow on the groud - I am not totally crazy. I made a good batch of Ginger Chicken Soup with Shitake Mushroom and Goji Berries - that should warm me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment