Sunday, January 1, 2012

Vegas Trip - Food?

Speaking of Vegas we would also think of the endless buffet... but I only went to one! So sad... But the Buffet at Wynn is pretty good.
Unfortunately for lunch buffet you don't get much seafood, so really for $23.95 it was a bit disappointing.
But you can tell everything are actaully complicated dish. The pulled-pork corn bread burger is really my favorite.
And of course, desserts, oh the desserts.
At Vegas the group of people I went with are not really foodies, so most of the time we ate something quick and simple (too many Earl of Sandwich's sandwich). One super fancy restaurant we went to is Todd English's Olives at the Bellagio. The restaurant faces right at the fountain so every 15 minutes you can see the fountain show blasting in front of you. I ordered the white fish (?) and it was pan fried with crispy skin and seasoned very nicely, my brother ordered the duck two ways (grilled breast and duck confit in crepe), but breast came with large chunk of fat attached and the confit was salty in soggy crepe. Unfortunately the restaurant is really dimly lit, so none of my iPhone 3G photos turned out... I need to upgrade my phone to one with a flash light?
Random shot of bread shaped like turtle and crocodile...
Wolfgang Puck's Cut in the Palazzo... I was just walking by.
Wolfgang Puck's Pizzeria and Cucina in the Crystal... just admiring the decor.
World famous Pink's Hot Dog by Planet Hollywood... but I didn't get to try it.
Yellowtail at the Bellagio, I've "heard" the food is good, good selection of sake and plum wine.
Yeah... sorry, not much of a foodie tour in Vegas for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment