Sunday, November 7, 2010

Stew pork on Noodles 魯肉麵

Every Chinese have a good recipe for stewed meats, and mine are pretty much the same way I did my beef noodle except without the rock sugar because I want a good salty dish that goes well with rice. So when it is near the bottom of the pot and you have some good sauces but not much meats left, this is a good way to use those sauces so you don't feel guilty pouring them down the drain.

Basically you just thicken up the sauce with corn starch, add a bit of brown sugar so it's not overly salty, cut up the meats to small bite sizes, and toss in noodles with lots of finely cut up green onion. This is inspired by my best friend's favorite noodle shop in Taiwan, and I am proud to say I did a pretty good job of creating my own version.

No comments:

Post a Comment