Saturday, February 20, 2010

2010 Chinese New Year's Eve Pig-out!

My parents are in town, which means good, traditional, Chinese New Year' Eve dinner is guaranteed!


Chinese sausage, turkey leg, and tuna sashimi


A full chicken is one big element of a CNYE dinner. So this year we have ginsen chicken soup here. A hot pot is also essential - seafood, sliced beef and goat meat from Korean supermarket, and vegetables... Eh? Where are the veges?


Ah here we go - mushroom, chives, shanghai bok chuy, and sesame leaves from Korean supermarket. Yeah, you read correctly, sesame leaves. All I can say is my mom is always so adventurous when it comes to food.
Oh, see the braised pork hog there? I made that~!


And of course, mustard greens here (or should I say longevity chuy?). Remember, you cannot cut it before you cook it, and when you eat it you cannot bite down on it. So this means you cook it to way tender and just swallow~!


So I think I covered it all: pork, beef, chicken, fish, goat, shrimp, musell, squid, crab, and turkey. All your usual edible animals.

And last but not least - steamed rice cake, courtesy of my good friend and her mom. Yum~


So that is all, these food can really last us for days and days...

No comments:

Post a Comment