Saturday, February 20, 2010

Know your children is watching your ABC


Before getting downtown today, on the skytrain station I saw a nice family waiting for the same train. Parents, kids, and the gramps. The father (I will skip the nationality here but you can make your own guess) just stick his already-been-chewed (ABC) gums on the fire hydrants in the station. I think the mother saw the dirty look I threw their way. Not that I hate what he did, but I think it is stupid to do this in front of the children.

And you know what? Of couse the little boy walks up to the fire hydrant and starting to take his own ABC out of his mouth. I was just in shock but apparantly the mother was in more when she yell out this terrifying "no!!"

So this small episode ended well: the father was shamed when the mother yell at him. He took his ABC and his kid's, wrapped them up, and took them to the grabage can, which is like 10 steps away.

I hope the dad learned something today. And I hope all you dads out there will learn from this. Not just gums, but swearing, jay-walking, or even just littering. Remember, they are watching.

It is as simple as A B C.


(image from worldental.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment