Saturday, June 9, 2012

2012 May Taiwan Trip - Day 1 - Transportation

Start my day off right, the way a true Canadian should be! Not realizing I am just going to spill this Timmy coffee on my shirt minutes later... before my 10 hour flight
Very grateful there is a charge station at the YVR boarding gates... already down to 50% battery on my cellphone saying "see ya" to friends.
This is the plane I am taking, JAL connection flight from YVR/Canada through Narita Airport/Japan to Taoyuan Airport/Taiwan.
Blue sky and I am thousand feets in the air overlooking... I think that is Vancouver Island
Well, one advice here - don't order the seafood meal! Good thing I am already half drunk with the nice ume (plum) wine. Fish in white sauce with sweet potato and beans, smoked salmon, salad greens, and fruit.
Seafood meal #2 - Tuna sandwich, apples, and orange juice - really? tuna sandwich? what happened to my second full meal?
10.5 hours later, Narita Airport, where I will spend 3.5 hour till my flight to Taiwan.
Well, what better use of my time than more eating?! Since I am in Japan, I must try what a real Japanese ramen is like - a simple shoyu ramen will do.
Over looking airplanes taking off with a bowl of hot noodles in front of me... nice...
Not too bad but not too great, serves me right to have noodles not in a noodle shop. But the noodles are cooked right, soup is light, and good amount of fat on the meat, so no complaint here.
On to the next flight after 30 minutes delay due to "waiting for other plane to land" - what a lame excuse! More fish in white sauce with potato, spinach, and mushroom, shrimp and tuna, salad greens and fruit - with a specially made Screw Driver on the side!
Off the plane but with no time to take pictures! Rushed to bus station and hop on a bus to Taichung! That (almost) concludes my 24 hour day of transportation...
1 hour prep at home + 4 hours at YVR + 10.5 hours to Japan + 3.5 hours in Narita + 3 hours to Taiwan + 1.5 hour bus ride + 0.5 hour car ride = Day 1

No comments:

Post a Comment